Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to configure ITSM ticket creation notification?

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

ServiceNow is configured as ticketing application. We have a requirement of sending email notification to Line Manager upon creating the ITSM ticket. To create ITSM ticket, new account task is created and upon processing the task; ticket is created in ServiceNow and the task status becomes Pending Provision. There is no Endpoint configuration to trigger email notification on this status. Is there any way to configure this?

Appreciate pointers.

Thanks,

Prajakta

5 REPLIES 5

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please try using "Task Create Email Template" in Admin -> Global Configuration -> Tasks

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response.

Task Create Email will get sent upon Saviynt task creation however the requirement is when the Saviynt task is processed and ITSM ticket is created on serviceNow side the email should get sent. In this scenario the task goes into Pending Provision state i.e after task execution and before task completion. 

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In that case you can try using analytics but this will be bulk email for all managers.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Bulk email is not acceptable as email is expected to have servicenow  dynamic link w.r.t the submitted request

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

As per my understanding the SNOW can also send an email when the ticket is created.

Anyhow for task status i believe only option is analytics.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos