Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to configure incremental import for SOAP connector

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We are connecting "Guide Wire" application with SOAP connector. The API we are using to bring limited number of account is using a set timestamp as base of recon. so the accounts updated/created post that timestamp will be reconciled. We do not have any updatedate kind of timestamp coming from endpoint for individual accounts. 

When we run the recon with newer timestamp, the accounts imported earlier are getting marked as "suspended from import". ( when we run the full import). 

if I run the same with incremental import job, the job it self fails. Not getting enough information in the logs on why does it fail. ( Please note we do not have any field to be marked as incremental field.)

Could someone please suggest what way I should use. 

As of now I am giving a constant for the base timestamp, I need to use some dynamic field in json to change the timestamp for last import time. I tried "ACCOUNTS_LAST_IMPORT_TIME", but same is not working. 

5 REPLIES 5

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @abhiupadhyay,

The SOAP connector does not currently support incremental import. The only import method available for the SOAP Connector at the moment is as follows:

SOAP

• Users: Full import
      • Accounts: Full import
      • Access: Full import
      • Entitlement Types: varies with applications

Please feel free to raise an enhancement request in our idea portal at https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas.

For ref:- https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Connectors/page/Content/Saviynt-EIC-Connector-Usecases.htm 

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@sudeshjaiswal  thanks for the detailed reply.

Is there a way I can stop "suspend from import" change for the accounts not coming in recon. 

If that is possible, I can try creating a dynamic attribute for giving me last recon timestamp and run full recon (with filtered data). 

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can use:

InactivateAccountsNotInFile: Specify true or false to instruct the connector to mark accounts that are not imported during import as inactive or SUSPENDED FROM IMPORT SERVICE. When set to true, accounts that are not imported during import are marked as inactive. The default value is false.

In STATUS_THRESHOLD_CONFIG json

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SOAP-v23x/page/Content/Understanding-the-Integration-Between-EI...

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@RakeshMG @sudeshjaiswal is there any option for not to take any action for accounts .. not coming from recon? I do not want to mark them inactive or "suspend from import". The endpoint here does not delete any data. I want to accommodate filtered recon with full recon query and do not want to change the status of any account that is not coming in recon. 

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

No you have to select either of the option for status while import.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar