Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

how to configure different FROM email address in email template

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We have one requirement to send separate notification mail for AD account creation to manager with some different FROM email like it-onboarding@test.com we already configured the smtp with this email address for other notification to be send from Saviynt.

Diwakar_0-1699604037055.png

Please guide us on how to achieve this as it seems we cannot add more smtp in Saviynt.

Thanks,

Diwakar.

10 REPLIES 10

amit_krishnajit
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Why would you want to have a separate to-address for AD when all the emails are getting generated from the same source?

However, if you want to achieve this use-case, you would have to do a custom process via custom jar.

Use the task completion email to send the account details and password to a static email address. Use a custom jar to read these emails on a set frequency and then send out the email from that static email address using the custom jar itself. 

Thanks,
Amit

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@amit_krishnajit Thanks, our client requirement is to explicitly use custom FROM email address to send the notification mail.

Could you please provide more details or any sample reference for custom process via custom jar which you suggested.

Thanks,

Diwakar.

@Diwakar : If I understand correctly you want to send an email to manager on AD account creation from different FROM email address than rest all notifications. If so You can use From address in email template which differs the from address you don't need separate SMTP configuration for this purpose.

sk_0-1699645253985.png

Am I misunderstanding something on your requirement?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Usually, SMTP is linked to a specific from-address alias and you may not be able to use different aliases for the same SMTP service. 

Thanks,
Amit

so @amit_krishnajit OOB its not supported right, as I can see in under SMTP of IGA only one SMTP can be added. Please confirm.

OOTB you cannot use multiple SMTP services. However, you may check if you can use different aliases for the SMTP service that you are using. 

Thanks,
Amit

@amit_krishnajit @Diwakar : Somehow in our environment we were able to send from different from email address which is different from what we have in SMTP Configuration. We are using amazon SES as our SMTP

SMTP Configuration Email

sk_0-1699978289651.png

Email Template:

sk_1-1699978360705.png

Email Received: 

sk_2-1699978386112.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

As I mentioned, that is dependent on the SMTP service that you are using which allows you to use multiple aliases for the from address.

Thanks,
Amit

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Saathvik I already tested this if I provide any other FROM address which is not configured in SMTP then also its sending the mail FROM that email address which is configured in SMTP.

I don't have any sample for this as this is a very custom requirement. You would need to develop a custom jar-based solution to meet your requirements. 

amit_krishnajit_0-1699855547191.png

Thanks,
Amit