Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

How to add enterprise role to users through user update rule?

Lalitha_S
New Contributor
New Contributor

The requirement here is we want to add a set of entitlements to a role and then add that role to users on requirement basis. But we are unable to achieve that through user update rule. We are able to add a entitlement/group alone to users but not a role, I tried assigning the role to user from UI that is using "ARS-Request for others" even then i was only able to add group not the role. I also created technical rule to which i have set the action as 'assign role' to the user, and added that technical rule to user update rule by selecting the action as 'Re-run selected technical rules'. Even after that i am unable to add role but was able to add groups one by one. Can anyone help us on this?

3 REPLIES 3

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

• Can you share a screenshot of the Technical Rule? Also, the User Update Rule from which the technical rule is being called.
  • Do all the entitlements in the Role have the status of 'Active'?
  • When requesting through ARS (Request Access for Others Tile), Can you make sure you set the below config in Global Configuration under Tasks?

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 8.00.58 AM.png

The above config specifies the time in minutes that the start date should not exceed from the current date or time for a task to get created.

technical_rule.png

user_update_rule.png

I set the all the entitlements in the Role have the status as 'Active'

"When requesting through ARS (Request Access for Others Tile), Can you make sure you set the below config in Global Configuration under Tasks?"  i will try this and will let you know.
Thanks for the information.

It worked after updating the config, i am able to add the roles to the users by re-running technicals rule using user update rule, thank you very much @DaanishJawed