We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to add Account name and password expiry date in Email template

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

We have a client requirement to create an analytics for sending password expiry notification.

Below is the template they want to update:

"SUBJECT:
Your privileged account password is expiring soon
Hello,
The password for your privileged account
<ADM_CADM_samaccountname>
will expire on
mm/dd/yy
. To avoid disruption in using the account please change the password as soon as
possible.
As a reminder, your new password must be at least 16 characters and pass phrases are encouraged
(ex. “hammer rain pronto”).
Further guidance on privileged account password best practices can be found
here.
Thank you,
TSG Identity Center of Excellence"

I have updated the email template however the account name is not getting updated and also the password expiry date which should be last password change+90 days.
Kindly assist.

Regards,
Ekata Bharati
13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Example 3: Email to inform control owner that account password is about to expire.

You receive a single email with the details of all the accounts and the applications to which those belong.

To: ${userEmail}

CC: ${ownerEmail}

Subject: Your password is about to expire

Body: ${ANALYTICSDATA.'First Name'[0]} ${ANALYTICSDATA.'Last Name'[0]},

The password for the following accounts is going to expire soon.

<table>

<tr><th>Application</th><th>Account name</th><th>Password expiry date</th></tr>

<%int count=Integer.parseint(“${ANALYTICSDATA.Application.size()}”); for(int i=0;i<count;i=i+1){%>

<tr><td>${ANALYTICSDATA.'Application'[i]}</td><td>${ANALYTICSDATA.'Account Name'[i]}</td><td>${ANALYTICSDATA.'Password Expiration Date'[i]}</td></tr><%}%>

</table>

Analytics name: ${analyticsConfig.analyticsName}

Analytics category: ${analyticsConfig.category}

Refer Example 3 : https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000622153-managing-email-templates 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

Thanks for the response, however I just need to add the account name in between and the password expiry date which I am unable to get from this email template. I have already checked it. It is not working as expected. But I can get the report in excel having the details.

Can you please help me out for the same.

Regards,

Ekata

Can you share analytics query you are using

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

select u.username,u.firstname, u.lastname, e.endpointname as 'Application', ac.name as 'Account Name', date_add(ac.LASTPASSWORDCHANGE,Interval p.expireafter day) as 'Password Expiration Date' from users u, accounts ac, user_accounts ua, securitysystems ss, endpoints e, policyrule p where ac.status in ("Manually Provisioned",1,'Active') and (ac.ACCOUNTTYPE is null or e.ACCOUNTTYPEFORSERVICEACCOUNT not like concat('%',ac.ACCOUNTTYPE,'%')) and ac.LASTPASSWORDCHANGE is not null and u.USERKEY=ua.USERKEY and u.STATUSKEY=1 and ac.ACCOUNTKEY=ua.ACCOUNTKEY and ac.ENDPOINTKEY = e.ENDPOINTKEY and e.SECURITYSYSTEMKEY = ss.SYSTEMKEY and ss.POLICYRULE=p.POLICYRULEKEY and ss.POLICYRULE not in ('') and ss.POLICYRULE is not null and ss.STATUS=1 and e.status=1 and DATEDIFF(date_add(ac.LASTPASSWORDCHANGE,Interval p.expireafter day),sysdate()) BETWEEN 0 and (select configdata from configuration where name='DAYS_TO_NOTIFY_BEFORE_ACC_PWD_EXPIRE');

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using this:

SELECT
a.name as 'Account Name',
u.username,
u.firstname,
u.lastname,
u.email,
a.lastpasswordchange as 'Last password Change Date',
e.displayname as 'Application Name',
CASE WHEN a.status = 1 THEN 'Active' ELSE a.status END AS 'AccountStatus'
FROM users u, accounts a,user_accounts ua,endpoints e where u.userkey=ua.userkey and ua.accountkey=a.accountkey and a.endpointkey=e.endpointkey and a.name like 'ADM%'
and datediff(date_add(a.LASTPASSWORDCHANGE, interval 90 day),sysdate()) between 0 and 7;

Regards,

Ekata

Email Template ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,<br><br>

The password for your privileged account ${ANALYTICSDATA.'Account Name'[i]} will expire soon. To avoid distruption in using the account please change the password as soon as possible.<br><br>As a reminder, your new password must be at least 16 characters and pass phrases are encouraged (ex."hammer rain pronto").<br><br>
Report - ${analyticsConfig.analyticsName} has been generated.<br><br>

${ANALYTICSDATA}Further guidance on privileged account password best practices can be found <a href="https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/GlobalTSGSecurity/SitePages/Administrator-Password-Polic..." target="" rel="">(here)<br><br>Thank you,<br><br>TSG Identity Center of Excellence<br><br></a>

[This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personally identifiable information to abide by the Saviynt Community Terms of Use and Participation Guidelines.]

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

But ${ANALYTICSDATA.'Account Name'[i]} also does not work

Hello,<br><br>

The password for your privileged account <%int count=Integer.parseint(“${ANALYTICSDATA.Application.size()}”); for(int i=0;i<count;i=i+1){%>

${ANALYTICSDATA.'Account Name'[i]}}<%}%> will expire soon. To avoid distruption in using the account please change the password as soon as possible.<br><br>As a reminder, your new password must be at least 16 characters and pass phrases are encouraged (ex."hammer rain pronto").<br><br>
Report - ${analyticsConfig.analyticsName} has been generated.<br><br>

${ANALYTICSDATA}Further guidance on privileged account password best practices can be found <a href="https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/GlobalTSGSecurity/SitePages/Administrator-Password-Polic..." target="" rel="">(here)<br><br>Thank you,<br><br>TSG Identity Center of Excellence<br><br></a>

if ANALYTICSDATA does not work then try ANALYTICSDATAMAP

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi,

It didn't work. Also can you help me with mapping the expiry date as last password change+90 day

Regards,

Ekata

Can you try creating email template mentioned below

Refer Example 3 : https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000622153-managing-email-templates 

Also check global config if group emails ( under analytics is enabled?) 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

It does not trigger if I add the email template as per example 3.

Also the group email should not ne enabled as per my understanding as we need to send the seperate emails to users as per their details. right?

Regards,

Ekata

Yes then follow example 5 from link

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000622153-managing-email-templates

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak