Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How can I remove child roles from parent enterprise role using csv upload

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We are managing roles association with CSV File to Upload Role Association. I am not able to find an option to delete a specific child role from a parent role. 

For example a parent enterprise role "AB1" has 3 child roles "AC1" "AC2" and "AC3" .. now if client gives us a "delete csv" where he mentions all the parent-child mapping that no longer applicable .. like in above case "AB1" -> "AC3" needs to be removed ... can I do the same through some options using csv?? 

7 REPLIES 7

mbinsale
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Yes. This can be accomplished.

Please refer to the below documentation

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2021x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Upl...

1 (1).jpg

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to attach the image.]

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Import Role & Child Role mapping which you want to keep (PFA)

Admin - Identity Repository - Roles - Upload Role Association - Tick below option

rushikeshvartak_0-1674795216663.png

Role NameChild Role
AB1AC1
AB1AC2

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak , Thank You for your insights!

We have a Parent Role Role_ACG_Parent which is having 3 child Roles Test_ACG_Role1,

Test_ACG_Role2, Test_ACG_Role3.

RMohanty_0-1675309229469.png

As suggested, we have uploaded the csv in Upload Role Association and Marked the ExistingParentChild as ON. (Please find the below screenshots) and all the other check box are OFF.

RMohanty_2-1675310523742.png

RMohanty_1-1675310381169.png

After Importing We see the below result, all the existing child roles gets deleted.

RMohanty_3-1675310672245.png

Anything missing over here, please suggest.

Thank You

Richi Mohanty

Seems bug in your environment, do you see any error in logs 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak ,

I checked in my client-side environment as well but it's the same.

I don't see any error logs.

Thank You,

Richi Mohanty

Raise FD Ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
If you are uploading the file, you have to list all that you need in the system and leave the ones you want to be deleted. 
Example, lets say Role A has child roles R1, R2, R3
You want to delete just R3 and add R4
then your list should contain 3 line entries for RA with R1, R2, R4 
then whatever is not present in the file will be deleted. Let us know if this works.