We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

how can I assign multiple enterprise roles dynamically from technical rule

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

In my use case I need to assign multiple enterprise roles to a user as birthright access based on user's job code. So for example if user's job code is "001" .. I need to assign role "A1", "A2" .. etc .. but for some other job code this set of enterprise roles will be different. Is there a way to give some kind of query for enterprise role assignment or any other way to assign multiple roles. 

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is one time activity hence you need assign manually nothing dynamically we can add

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak thanks for quick reply. This is not one time activity actually .. this assignments will be there for birthright as well as user update when his/her job code changes. and there are 100s of such combinations.... 

Creation of rule i mean

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

how can I mention all the combinations in the rule .. I have more than 100 job code .. and each job code can be mapped to multiple roles ( based on role matrix) 

You may have to create multiple rules based on different combinations.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can have a naming convention for the enterprise roles in such a way that it matches the job code. This way you can avoid creating multiple rules.

Refer Scenario 1: Provisioning Enterprise Role based on Dynamic Values in the article below for insights.

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431680-creating-technical-rules

-Siva

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Trying the solution with parent roles for every job code .. and assigning all related roles as it's child roles. But it has its own issues, like I am not able to find bulk delete option for child roles using csv upload. also this creates an extra role for every job code. 

If there is no way to assign multiple roles dynamically .. then this might be the only solution looks like.