Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

How can I add an account to an Enterprise Role?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Saviynt Experts,

When I assign a role to a user. this role should have an application account created but no any application entitlement entitled.  I have two questions for this situation:

1. How can I put such account to a role? looks role only contains entitlement, but we don't have entitlement at all for this particular application.

2. when create this account for the user, a specific account attribute should have different attribute value depend on role assigned. How can achieve this goal?

Thanks,

Alc

5 REPLIES 5

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You cannot add an account to a Role. You can only add Entitlements as part of a Role. When such a Role is requested for and if a user does not have an account, then an account with those entitlements is processed for that user. 

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Parita, thanks for your quick reply. 

Could you please have some solution recommendation for our requirement? Basically we want to assign an account to a user when they have an enterprise role assigned. Meanwhile, we need update one account attribute to different value depend on the role name assigned.

Thanks.

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

What does your Enterprise role contain and why would you want it to be assigned to a user?

From what I can gauge your Enterprise Role doesn't have any entitlements. If it is just about populating certain values in the Account based on certain other values, you can directly map users Custom Property with that value and use the same in the provisioning connection while creating the account 

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

we have run out of maximum user custom properties to use. All are occupied for their own purpose. Saviynt should be able have a way to tell the target application why, who and where the request is triggered /submitted etc. I can see the arstask table have all of these information (assignedFromRoles, assignedFromRule etc. ). I just don't know how to retrieve them in allowed scripting way in createAccountJSON configuration. It would be great if you can have some example.

Thanks

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

There is an enhancement to increase the number of custom property for users. You can  track the same using below link 

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-2923