Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

High Availability on ADSI and PS/Windows connectors

MarkHancock
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

To provide high availability we are planning on installing two ADSI agents on-prem. When configuring the ADSI connector in the CONNECTION_URL parameter can more than one URL be specified? (I know you can do this in the AD connector and if the first doesn't respond it moves onto the second.)

Similarly, we will be installing two PowerShell agents on-prem to provide high availability. If calling it using the Win-PS or REST connector can more than one URL be specified?

If not is there any other option apart from the customer setting up load balancing in their environment?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you tried url with comma separated or semi colon

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

MarkHancock
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

No. We are in the planning stage determining what the client needs to set up so I haven't got anywhere to test it.

iqbalsingh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @MarkHancock ,

Were you able to achieve High Availability on ADSI by installing two ADSI agents?

AG
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

If we do not have a LB/VIP for the SaviyntApp servers, how can I configure 2 WS urls in the connection. I tried separating it with a comma  like we do for AD urls but that is not working.

Any idea how to handle w/o a LB? 

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can have a LB on top of 2 ADSI agents installed on 2 different servers to achieve high availability.