Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Hide/Show Dynamic Attributes based on requestor

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

For forms with dynamic attributes we'd like to control which attributes can be viewed/changed by different groups of users.

For example, in the user update request, a user should be able to view their own data, but only update e.g. phone number. A service desk employee on the other hand should be able to view the same user and be able to change some additional attributes. There might be additional people, who should be able to change even more attributes.

Is this possible to configure somehow? Preferably based on SAV roles.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Create Dynamic Attribute.
    • Considering there is some identifier for Service Desk user - Like users customprorperty /sav role/ user group
    • Use single select SQL query & show value Service Desk if condition satisfied else End user
    • based on Value show dependent attribute using Action String
  • Example:

SHOW###isServiceDeskUser###TRUE___HIDE###isServiceDeskUser###FALSE___HIDE###isServiceDeskUser###NONE

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Rushikesh,

I was already thinking about a similar workaround but mine had some limitations. This could work for our case, I will try it out.

I probably will also post it in the ideas portal and suggest it as a standard feature.

Thanks!