Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

HANA DB Password Reset functionality

sharu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where we need to configure password reset functionality for Hana DB systems. I have created the P/W policy and attached it to the security system . Now , when I try to reset the password from change password for others , the password reset is successful and the change password task is created in pending tasks and once approved the task is completed successfully.

But when we try to login with the changed password from the HANA target side, it gives invalid password message.

Is there any other configurational changes needs to be done from Saviynt side in order to flow the password in HANA systems?

17 REPLIES 17

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@sharu : What is the connection type you are using for this integration? Also did you configure CHANGEPASSJSON ?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

sharu
New Contributor
New Contributor

The Connection type is HANA . No there is no CHANGEPASSJSON configured .

@sharu : HANA I doubt if saviynt even supports change password, First of all do you see CHANGEPASSJSON in this connection?

Based on documentation it says below operations are supported

Saathvik_0-1715957000752.png

Personally I haven't used this connector but do you have any confirmation that it supports change password?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

sharu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Saathvik,

No I do not see CHANGEPASSJSON in the connection.

Regards,

Sharanya V

@sharu : Based on documentation and connection parameters, I assume it doesn't support change password action from Saviynt. But I would wait for responses to see if anyone achieved it. If you got no responses I would suggest to open a support ticket with Saviynt to confirm the same

Regards,
Saathvik

sharu
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Saathvik : Initially when the user is getting created in HANA DB , there is random password generated to the user in the CreateAccountJSON. Can we use CreateAccountJSON  to implement p/w reset functionality.

Regards,

Sharanya V

@sharu : No. it is not possible

Regards,
Saathvik

HANA DB Internally calls this functions and you can't use create Account JSON for Change password. Please raise idea ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • If you hardcode password does it works ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

No this for password reset functionality , we don't hardcode the password for security reasons.

Regards,

Sharanya V

To debug and narrow down issue validate

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sharu I dont see the option for Change Password.

Also nothing mentioned in docs.

Lets wait from any othe folks

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sharu 

Could you please confirm which connector you are using- DB/SAP HANA/SAP?

Also please confirm if the password you have set fulfill the conditions of the password policy?

Is there any policy configured at application end? 

Could you please test it on multiple accounts and see if same issue?

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

sharu
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Dhruv_S  The connector is HANA/SAP. Yes the password satisfies the p/w policy.

I have tested on multiple accounts as well , but the p/w change is not flowing in the target end .the change p/w task is also getting triggered and once approved the task is getting completed, but not updating in the target side.

Regards,

Sharanya V

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @sharu 

As per the documentation, Hana connector is for reconciliation/import operations and DB connector is for provisioning operations.  Hence change password should happen through DB connector. 

Do you have DB Connector configured for the provisioning? Have you configured the CHANGEPASSJSON for DB connector? Please confirm.

Refer the below guide

Using the DB Connector for Performing Provisioning and Deprovisioning Operations (saviyntcloud.com)

In provisioning and deprovisioning, actions such as creating new users, editing user details (such as roles and passwords) and deleting users are performed in EIC and synchronize to SAP HANA database. EIC provides various types of rules for automating the provisioning actions including assigning access, revoking access, and providing birthright access.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

sharu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Dhruv_S ,

We do not have DB connector for provisioning and there is no CHANGEPASSJSON configured in the connector  . The connector that is used is HANA .

Reagards,

Sharanya V

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @sharu 

DB connector will have the CHANGEPASSJSON in the connector. Can you please confirm if you are able to do other provisioning operations like create account etc from Hana connector ? 

Since as per the above documentation, you need to use DB connector for provisioning operations.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma