Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Global Variable in Saviynt

kwan
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have email templates which refers to the current environment such as DEV, TEST or PROD. This is hard coded into the templates which means for every template, we have to create three versions.

Is there an option to create a sort of global variable which the templates can reference? This way we just need one template as we migrate up the environment stack.

5 REPLIES 5

Srinivas
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Kwan

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This requirement is not supported currently.

Saviynt do not support global variables as far as your requirement is concerned.

Thanks & Regards
Srinivas

kwan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Srinivas for the reply. I guess that would be the case.

i was wondering if dynamic variables can be used or a custom property on the endpoint for this purpose?

You can use endpoint variable if endpoint object is exposed. In some template you won't find any variable where you can stored value. 

However this will increase maintain overhead. You can submit idea for this. Where in property file you can specify environment & fetch in email template. 

Idea portal https://ideas.saviynt.com

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

davidgarfield
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Not only would a global 'environment url' variable be a good idea (as we have 90+ templates at the moment which means we really have close to 300 to manage manually), but a global setting that switched on or off sends all templates TO a specific test mailbox or LIVE sending to the defined TO field in each template would also improve the product immensely. 

Idea created vote for same

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3953

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.