Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Global configuration - Register user form

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey ,

Someone know why we can't select Owner or Manager field for the user column  on the Register form configuration intho the global configuration - Life cycle?

Right now we are stocking it into customproperty then with a connection and job, we fill out the owner and manager field

We can do it for firstname and lastname, why not with manager or owner field?

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

In the 'Register user form' attributes, you can use manager in the user column. Kindly provide more insight if you're facing any issue doing so.

Regards,
Pruthvi

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/in-quot-register-user-form-quot-custom-quot-users-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak instead of doing Single select from sql: SELECT distinct owner as ID from USERS where statuskey=1 is there any way I can do something like this to include the first name and lastname on the manager selection? try different way yesterday with no success

select concat(u.firstname,' ', u.lastname,' (',u.username,')') as ID from users u where u.statuskey=1

Since you are concatenating first name and lastname and mapping it to owner column it won't work.

Owner attributes only hold username of the manager. So when you mapping an attribute to owner you should pass the value as username.

If you want to display Manager first name, last name and username then like mentioned in thread you may need to use another dynamic attribute and there you translate your concat logic to user name something like below

DA1: select concat(u.firstname,' ', u.lastname,' (',u.username,')') as ID 

DA2: SELECT username as ID from USERS where  username=SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(${DA1}, "(", -1), ")",1)

user column: owner
Parent attribute: DA1
What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?: Mapping

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

So in the Attribute type I select multiple select from sql query and enter both like you mention in the values?

Attribute type will be Single select from sql only, You will just create two dynamic attributes one will hold the manager first name, lastname, username and another will hold only username and this is child to first dynamic attribute. On selecting manager from DA1 it will auto populate DA2

DA1- single select from sqlselect concat(u.firstname,' ', u.lastname,' (',u.username,')') as ID from users u where u.statuskey=1

DA2- single select from sql

SELECT username as ID from USERS where  username=SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(${DA1}, "(", -1), ")",1)

user column: owner
Parent attribute: DA1
What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?: Mapping

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@sk I have the following and when I tried to create the user is nothing is in owner field

Jillustre_0-1675697717062.png

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak Same issue when trying to save the secondaryEmail, here is our current config

2023-02-02_08-14-02.png

2023-02-02_08-14-17.png

2023-02-02_08-14-30.png

  

You don't need pass Mapping in what action to perform since you are not dependent on any parent attribute so remove it. Also in user column use secondaryemail

Regards,
Saathvik

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I tried that and it dosen't save into the secondaryemail field

What’s error in log

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak When I search for secondaryEmail in the log for the 15 last minute, I get this

Jillustre_2-1675698105130.png

same thing for cost center, we don't receive it on creation

Can you try without hiding the Manager2 field. If you hide it will not populate the data.

Regards,
Saathvik

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Oh ok. I dont want to show it to user... will try

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

same, nothing goes into owner field

But on the UI do you see that manager2 is populating username on UI or not?

Regards,
Saathvik

Jillustre
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@sk Manager2 is not rendered on the selection of the Manager field