Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

getting access denied error while uploading CSV file with Sav Role as Manager

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I am trying to upload CSV file having Sav role as Role_Manager. But I am getting below error. I tried to check the feature access present in Role_Admin access for user upload. I assigned to Role_Manager sav role. But did not work.  I have uploaded the file having feature access for Sav role as Role_Manager.

(We created one Sav role for manager, not using the OOTB one)

Could someone let me know what feature access must be there to upload csv file successfully.

Bhargavi3_0-1712933702602.png

Thanks,

Bhargavi Padaraju.

[This message has been edited by moderator to mask sensitive info]

20 REPLIES 20

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

may i know User upload or feature access upload?

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,@CR

It's user upload.

Thanks,

Bhargavi 

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

can you confirm Admin sav role in below added

Show Users in Request Access based on Organizations -add->ALL

Organizations-add-ALL

if not add and try it once

Thanks,
Raghu

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

During user upload open browser console and check with api is giving 403 error accordingly add feature to role manager sav role

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Raghu, I tried by adding organization related feature access. But no luck.
please find the attached screenshot for the reference.

Bhargavi3_0-1713157209131.png

Hi @rushikeshvartak, I think you are asking me to check the below one. Please see the screenshot and let me know what needs to be done. I am not getting what needs to be done exactly with the below details.

Bhargavi3_1-1713157420047.png

Thanks,

Bhargavi Padaraju.

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Admin SAv role added 'ALL'

Raghu_0-1713157667887.png

Thanks,
Raghu

check network section

rushikeshvartak_0-1713237780103.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Raghu ,

I made the above changes Admin sav role as well as Manager Sav role, but it did not work. Please check the below screenshots for the reference.

Bhargavi3_0-1713158186182.pngBhargavi3_1-1713158226113.png

Thanks,

Bhargavi Padaraju.

[This message has been edited by moderator to mask sensitive information]

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

can you share logs

Thanks,
Raghu

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Raghu ,

I did not find anything in logs. Please find the logs below for the reference.

Thanks,

Bhargavi Padaraju.

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Look like NullPointerException check you list users once again

,"DEBUG","Exception in getUsername"
"2024-04-15T05:24:50.067+00:00","ecm","","null-k76gs","","java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'firstname' on null object at com.saviynt.ecm.services.SaviyntCommonUtilityService.getUserDisplayName(SaviyntCommonUtilityService.groovy:7068) at gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp$_run_closure2_closure5.doCall(gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.groovy:744) at gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp$_run_closure2.doCall(gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.groovy:841) at gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.run(gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.groovy:1141) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:159) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)"
"2024-04-15T05:24:49.089+00:00","ecm","services.SaviyntCommonUtilityService","http-nio-8080-exec-340-k76gs","DEBUG","Exception in getUsername"
"2024-04-15T05:24:50.067+00:00","ecm","","null-k76gs","","java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'firstname' on null object at com.saviynt.ecm.services.SaviyntCommonUtilityService.getUserDisplayName(SaviyntCommonUtilityService.groovy:7068) at gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp$_run_closure2_closure5.doCall(gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.groovy:780) at gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp$_run_closure2.doCall(gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.groovy:841) at gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.run(gsp_ECM_usersshow_gsp.groovy:1141) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:159) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)"

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi @Raghu,

Please find the CSV file which I am trying to upload contains basic information.

Thanks,

Bhargavi Padaraju.

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

In FirstName are passing numeric value also? it accept as per DA, try without numeric

firstname
GCPTest6

Thanks,
Raghu

gwagh
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Basically, We have a use case where Manager should be able to upload user csv to create bulk user at a time so we given the Upload User access in Sav role so Manager can login into saviynt and from User Management Tab itself you can raise the request.

But Admin: User access is required for Upload User. And we don't want to give Admin: User access to Manager.  Or in the Admin -> User we can restrict where manager can see only his reportee's in the Admin-> User tab??

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team,

We have a use case where Manager should be able to upload user csv to create bulk user at a time so we given the Upload User access in Sav role so Manager can login into saviynt and from User Management Tab itself you can raise the request.

But Admin: User access is required for Upload User. And we don't want to give Admin: User access to Manager.  Or in the Admin -> User we can restrict where manager can see only his reportee's in the Admin-> User tab??

And also, while we are uploading file through upload user request, we are getting access denied error while selecting reconcilation feild. please find the below screenshot for the reference.

Bhargavi3_1-1714036155989.png

Bhargavi3_2-1714036174693.png

If we assign manager role to an user, he should able to upload a user and add reconcilation field and also he should be able to see his reportees without any admin access. 

It will be a great help if someone help me with the solution for our requirement.

Thanks, 

Bhargavi.

Did you checked network tab for URL ?

Provide User Upload Feature access

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hello @rushikeshvartak 

I have attached the snap of the error on the Network tab. Please check the snap and let us know what needs to do. I  hope that this snap is exactly what you were expecting. User access feature is already attached above mentioned case by Bhargavi.

Thanks,

Revati

[This message has been edited by moderator to mask sensitive info from an attached image]

provide admin users feature

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Bhargavi3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

If we add admin users feature, then he will get all the users access in Saviynt. But we are trying to restrict all user accesses.

If we assign manager role to a user, he should be able to upload a user and add reconciliation field and also, he should be able to see his reportees without any admin access. 

Is there any way to achieve this requirement. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Bhargavi.

You need to provide admin menu access.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak