Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

forgot password button not sending email

Robbe_Cronos
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

We have noticed Saviynt has different options to let users login for the first time using a random password.

One of these options is clicking "forgot password" in the login screen and then entering your email to get a new mail with a password to login for the first time (and then change the password). 

However, when i try to use this forgot password feature, i do not get an email for the email address i entered. 

We have setup a mail server which works fine, but I don't see an email template for this "forgot password" button anywhere. How are we supposed to set this up, so users can get a password to login for the first time?

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

All configuration exist under Global Config- Step up Authentication

rushikeshvartak_0-1667875133320.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Yes, we used the "forgot password" additional methods and added the email address of the user to send a code or password. But when we try to use the forgot password on the login screen and type our users email address, we do not get an email to get a code/new password.

Does that email address added to one of the user ( not many)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Srinivas
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Robbe_Cronos 

Have you referred this doc to configure the OTP-based authentication methods. https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000580936-configuring-step-up-authenticat...

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Please follow this guide : https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000580936-configuring-step-up-authenticat...

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos