Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

First Name Incorrect Value - Username Generation Advanced Querry

sfinney
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am creating Advanced Query Username Generation Rule and my users.firstname is not returning the correct value. Instead of getting the user's first name, it returns the advanced query. My query is below and it will allways generate a name "c<Last Initial>1234"

concat(substring(users.firstname,1,1), substring(users.lastname,1,1), substring(users.employeeid,-4))

I changed the query to firstname,1,10 and realized it was returning the advanced query

concat(substring(users.firstname,1,10), substring(users.lastname,1,1), substring(users.employeeid,-4))

concatsubs<Last Initial>1234

Any help figuring out how to properly return the user's first initial would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stanford

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

What should be username format ?

concat(left(users.firstname,1), left(users.lastname,1), right(users.employeeid,4))

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

That fixed the issue, I think the advanced query didn't like the substring(employeeid,-4) I changed it to substring(employeeid,3,6) and it properly returned the first initial.