Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

File Based Schema Upload - Error

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am constantly encountering an error in csv file based schema upload where the csv upload works just fine with these parameters for headers: 

EMPLOYEEID,FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,COMPANYNAME,LOCATION,DEPARTMENTNAME,STATUSKEY,DISPLAYNAME,TITLE,EMAIL,PASSWORD

Once I add another header let's say MANAGER in this sav file, I'm constantly getting this error:  
Error in Users Import - Error while processing data: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1.

Even though we have mapped the column to match row value. I'll attach the csv and sav file as well for reference.  I followed the naming convention which is described in the documentation as well. Is there any hidden threshold to maximum number of headers? Please help.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Smiling ,

I can see SAV have Manager header but CSV does not have. Can you add manager column in CSV as well.

One more thing, if you are providing username of the manager inside CSV, then instead of user Manager user Owner in both SAV and CSV. Once you add manager's username in owner field, Saviynt will automatically assigned that user under manager field.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried with with the owner parameter but still throws the same error. In case of the manager header missing in csv file i tried with the manager header with a value as well but still the job is failing. Is there any other solution behind this issue.

Thanks

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

@Smiling  the csv file you shared doesn't have the manager column with the value.  Hence you are getting the error. Please add the same and retry again. 

Note: Please make sure that the number of columns in SAV file and the csv file should match. Otherwise you will run into such issues. 

naveenss_0-1689922866467.png

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

In case of the manager header missing in csv file i tried with the manager header with a value as well but still the job is failing. Is there any other solution behind this issue.

Thanks

Hi @Smiling ,

Can you make two changes in SAV 

1. Change SKIP_NUMBER_OF_LINES=1 since you have kept header in CSV as below:

#SKIP_NUMBER_OF_LINES=1

2. Keep Email template name in double quote " since it's having spaces in name, as below:

#EMAILTEMPLATE="CSV import fail"

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the replies the user is getting created successfully but there is a small problem in it. When it comes the parameters in SAV and CSV

EMPLOYEEID,FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,COMPANYNAME,LOCATION,DEPARTMENTNAME,STATUSKEY,DISPLAYNAME are getting populated correctly but the last three headers which are MANAGER,EMAIL,PASSWORD are not populated. Is there any reason and solution to solve this?

P.S: Email template is still working but we'll use double quotes. Thank you.

Hi @Smiling ,

MANAGER : As I mentioned above, to set the manager if you are passing username of the manager user Owner field.

EMAIL: Is there any email generations rule configured? Can you see any other email id for the user you uploaded?

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the replies I have tried with owner but It's not mapping with the owner parameter in Saviynt Also I didn't pass the TITLE parameter in SAV file but its mapping Mail to the TITLE parameter in Saviynt 

Do you have any idea why this is happing or any solution for mapping the parameter with each other 

Make sure the sequence of attributes with values in CSV should be same as sequence provided in SAV file.

If you don't want to provide value the keep column in CSV with blank value.

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your help 

Do you have any template apart from Saviynt documentation for sav file. It would be really helpful.

Please find attached one which is working in our case.

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much it worked,

Now I need to add Organization Name. I try with adding Organization Name in sav as well as in csv but job failed.  Do I need to add different parameter like we did for uploading manager?

Use CUSTOMER attribute in your field and map the value in the csv file. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your help,

Can I use employee id to map manager in saviynt

So one of use case I am working on is you need to update manager in saviynt via file based import, I have tried with owner attribute also in owner field I have passed the user name to map as a manager.

but csv file that I have got from HR there they have mention employee id as a manager. Now I have to map employee id as owner can I do that in saviynt ? 

@Smiling  can you confirm if employee id is the username of the manager in Saviynt? If yes, you can do it. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

Smiling
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for help

Can I configure SFTP connector as such that when ever we pass the employee id it should map to owner field in saviynt, so when we pass employee id to owner field it should automatically map to that user containing that employee id so we can use employee id to update the manager in saviynt.

In saviynt by default owener field is map to username of user in saviynt. I want to change it employee id.