Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Few questions regarding AD Group Management API

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

A few questions around the API - Request to Create ADGroup. In the customer setup, this API will be called by Service Now to open a request within Saviynt for AD Group creation.

API Reference : Saviynt Security Manager API Reference v2021.0/Summer Release (getpostman.com)

varunpuri_0-1681306168856.png

1. There is an attribute named application. What value should go in here ?
2. In the Active Directory connector configurations, is it possible to specify createUpdateMappings attribute in such a way that groups are created within Active Directory within Department specific OUs ?

Best Regards,
Varun

3 REPLIES 3

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

application is the OU dn where the group has to be created.

RobinAtIS4U
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Any chance you could share a working request & response for the AD group management API? Much appreciated.

I followed the documentation, but all of my requests return one or another error (username not found, invalid roletype and invalid requesttype).

Kind regards,

Robin

Service desk solved my question: turns out I was using "api" (wrong) instead of "api/v5" (correct) in the path as per the instructions at

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/20697337/2s93eZyBVM#06f2a05a-7d89-4855-9f47-5129d38f2609

{{path}} - Use api/v5 for SSM 5.2 or newer versions, Use api for older versions of SSM.