We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Facing Issue while using database functions FN_EIC_REPLACE to replace special characters

tpawle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

we are trying to replace special characters using the preprocessor query and database function FN_EIC_REPLACE , we have used preprocessor query in MODIFYUSERDATAJSON of WORKDAY connection (find below the preprocessor used) . I have used the default dataset and also tried the  saviynt suggested dataset but every time Workday IMPORT job geeting failed with error "Error while processing data: Table 'ssminlp.DATASET_VALUES' doesn't exist" . 

screen shot of preprocessor Query 

tpawle_0-1698407039233.png

Screen shot for DATASET value 

tpawle_1-1698407134156.png

@rushikeshvartak @pmahalle  can we use this FN_EIC_REPLACE function in V23.6 to replace special characters in users first name and last name ? Also colud you please check the details mentioned above and let me know if everything is correct in MODIFYUSERDATAJSON or do i need to chnage anything in preprocessor query ? 

5 REPLIES 5

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @tpawle 

You can use FN_EIC_REPLACE  function in your current version. FN_EIC_REPLACE DB function is supported from Release v2022.0.1.

Above configuration looks good. Are you facing any issue?

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

tpawle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@pmahalle  Thanks for your response. 

Yes , currently i am facing the issue while executing the workday Import job , import job geeting failed with error "Error while processing data: Table 'ssminlp.DATASET_VALUES' doesn't exist" . 

tpawle_0-1698413603815.png

Hi @tpawle ,

Can you try below one in you queries once.

FN_EIC_REPLACE(NEWUSERDATASET.firstname,null) and FN_EIC_REPLACE(NEWUSERDATASET.lastname,null) 

instead of adding dataset name.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

sk
All-Star
All-Star

@tpawle : REPLACE_MAPPING is the default dataset, If you are using default dataset then you have to use format as FN_EIC_REPLACE(STRING_TO_BE_REPLACED,null)

Please try with this format and see if that works.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This functions are not working many contributor reported.

Check if below documentation helps https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Conf...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.