Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Facing issue when we are trying to generate System Username using Advance Config

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Hi All,
I am using the below logic for generating unique system username-

IF((LENGTH(replace(users.lastname,"'","")) >= 4), replace(UPPER(CONCAT(SUBSTRING(replace(users.lastname,"'",""), 1, 4), 1,users.username)),"-",""), replace(UPPER(CONCAT(SUBSTRING(replace(users.lastname,"'",""), 1, length(users.lastname)), 0,1,users.username)),"-",""))

But it is working fine for Employee and it is not working for Non-Employee.For Non-Employee it is generating the system username like below-
mollasiraj_1-1686209889221.png

and another thing we are generating the username through saviynt for non-edmployee and for Employee username is coming through another system not generated from saviynt side.As per the rule Employee System username generating correctly. As we are generating the system username and Username both from saviynt side for non-employee that time we are not getting proper System Username as per the rule. Instead of concatenating username with lastname it's adding some reference number(TEST1SAVGEN9050227555023256040).Can you guys suggest for non-employee as we are generating the username and system username through saviynt side how we can get the concatenation of username instead of getting the reference number concatenation.

Please let us know how we can resolve this.

With Regards,
Siraj Molla
7 REPLIES 7

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@mollasiraj , probably, the System Username generation rule is triggered before username generation rule and hence, it might be failing. Have you tried storing username into some customproperty field and then read it from their for your system username generation rule? 

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Shivmano,

You mean to say I need to store that username value in some different customproperty.But as we are generating System Username through Global config-->Identity Lifecycle is it generate because if I populate the username after user creation.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

For non-employees, have you observed if the username is getting populated or not while you are seeing failure with the systemusername generation? 

I have not tested it myself but I think you can populate username into some customproperty field using the 'ModifyUserDataJSON' as you import users (You can probably try to populate systemusername as well using the ModifyUserDataJSON and see how it behaves). But firstly, you need to make sure that username is getting generated without issues for these users

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Shivmano,

For Non-Employee username is getting generated but in System Username it's taking lastname as per logic but username is not concatenated instead of username it is showing some reference number.

As you mentioned we need to use modify user json for populate the username in some customproperty but the thing is that for Non-Employee user creation we are using saviynt user registration form not importing non-employee user than how can I use Modify User Json.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @mollasiraj 

It looks like the username was calculated as savgen- hence the system user name generation rule created as such, Was the username calculated correctly? if you check the logs when you create a user you will know the username calculated was SAVGEN9050227555023256040 and then it appended lastname may be as per the rule.

Can you check if the username is created correctly?

Thanks

Darshan

Hi Darshanjain,

Username generated correctly below is the username that’s is generated-

mollasiraj_0-1686725243061.png

Below is the System Username-

mollasiraj_1-1686725243064.png

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Hi @mollasiraj 

How are you creating username, is it from DA or register user rule?

Also did you check the logs as asked above, you should be able to see when was the username generated and before that if systemusergen rule was triggered.

Thanks

Darshan

Thanks

Darshan