Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Execution Trail | Details Captured contains all data

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hi Team,

We were trying to explore the Execution Trail Feature available within EIC.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v231/page/Content/Chapter05-Policies/Troubleshooting-...

One of the issue that we are encountering is this page is displaying all the details that are performed on user profile either via import or modified via UI.

Ex: We don't have configured any user update rule / technical rule which contains modification around ccustomproperty62.

Anyhow, we still see the Execution trail page says that Rule has been triggered. Also, we don't see the Rule Name also.

Manu269_0-1677133570324.png

Is there something I am missing or this is bug?

@Sivagami @rushikeshvartak @ejeong 

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Currently the Execution Trail Feature page displays the list of entries with details such as User Name, Added Time, Change Map, Rule Type, Processed Status, Comments, Event Source, and Action but not the Rule Name.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2021x/page/Content/Chapter05-Policies/Troubleshootin...

And as per details shared above ccustomproperty62 was having null value and was updated to TESTING. Could you please check if data is update from user history.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hi Rakesh,

We have updated the data from UI.

Also, As I have mentioned we don't have any Technical / User Update rule configured.

Hence, then my ask is why this is getting displayed here?

Also, the details are not at all clear.

Please let me know what specific details these page should provide? Is it only for Rules or all user profile data changes?

Regards
Manish Kumar

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

When any profile is updated it evaluates, if any of the rules needs to processed or not, for the updated profile. Due to which you will see an entry in the Execution Trail Feature page.

This data evaluation is available in logs for your reference. 

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for clarification.

My point is still unanswered.

If there is no such rule associated, then why do these details are captured here?

When the information says RuleType as User Update Rule it gives us information saying that some rules have been triggered.

My understanding is this page would contain only rule related details and not others.

Please help me to understand.

Regards
Manish Kumar

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

"If there is no such rule associated, then why do these details are captured here?

When the information says RuleType as User Update Rule it gives us information saying that some rules have been triggered.

My understanding is this page would contain only rule related details and not others."

As mentioned we are currently capturing any profile is updated and is evaluated. 

But we understand your point, we will take this point ahead.

We will check how best we can handle your request of  "this page would contain only rule related details and not others."

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar