We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Error while updating the dynamic attributes from Update user form

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Experts,

we are using update user request form for contractors and permanentemployees.

Most of our permanentemployees has enddate as null until term date is confirmed from HRIS. 

For  contractors, since business team is adding too much future date, we would like add validation. 

${currentdate-SourceDate<=30 || SourceDate = NULL}

it is working as expected when contractors type is selected, however, if employee with null enddate try to request update user. They are getting error like below. 

Siva_0-1675675361135.png

I think this is because they have null in end date. Could you please let me know how to modify the validation to accept enddate = null as well? 

I had tried with the following syntax but getting the same error

${(null == permanentemployeeEndDate && 'permanentemployee'.equals(employeeType)) || (null != ContractorSourceDate && (currentdate-SourceDate<=30) && 'Contractor'.equals(employeeType))}

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks 
Siva

12 REPLIES 12

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Have two different dynamic attributes for employees and contractors end date with desired validation conditions. Show hide the respective end date depending on selection of employee type dynamic attributes.

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yes, firstly thanks for the help. I have tried by creating two different dynamic attributes as SourceDate for employees and sourceDate2 for contractors with desired validation conditions,
But still its checking the condition for both employees and contractors,

Cloud you pls Help me, how to make it, so that it will check the condition individually.

Thanks 
Siva

on show hide also same issue ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

No,SHOW Hide is working fine , i can see enddate for contractors and but not for employees which is  correct as our requirement,

Siva_0-1675921997618.pngSiva_1-1675922028775.png

But when I am trying update attributes for employees its checking the condition for both employees and contractors

Siva_2-1675922408191.png

I am unable to get where Iam missing exactly, can you help me here.

Thanks 
Siva

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Siva,

The below is one of th example to accept null values

${(enddate = '') || (enddate = 'null') || (enddate-currentdate <= 365)}

Now when you create two dynamic attributes , make sure when you are putting the validation condition for that DA it should be not be mandatory column ( Required should not be set )

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

for SourceDate, i have put this condition
${(null != SourceDate && (currentdate-SourceDate<=30) && 'Contractor'.equals(employeeType))}
for SourceDate2, 
${(null == SourceDate2 && 'PermanentEmployee'.equals(employeeType))}

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Would suggest you to use Employee type as One DA, based on the employee type use Action string ( show and hide condition ) Source date 1 or source date 2 to display. For contractor you put the condition for 30days and for permanent employee just leave it as it is.

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

${(SourceDate='')||(SourceDate = 'null')||(currentdate-SourceDate<=30)}
I am using above  condition , its able to update the dynamic attributes, but its not checking the condition at all, Could you please suggest any other condition

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you share me the screenshot of SourceDate DA you have configured

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Darshan,
Good Morning!

Siva_1-1676005547837.pngSiva_2-1676005574392.png

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

As this is for contractor , you shouldn't need any check for null right , so just use the one condition below and try it out, the other DA dont put any condition as it is for permanent employess

${(enddate-currentdate <= 365)}

With null example- 

${(null == enddate || (enddate-currentdate <= 365))}

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi ,

I have used this one ${(null == SourceDate) || (currentdate-SourceDate <= 30)} 
its working fine. Thanks everyone 

Thanks 
Siva