Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entity owners always has to certify

Kerasit
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi.

A key part of governance is that asset owners/entity or data owners, has a governance responsibility, hence we have meta certification campaigns of types: Role, User manager, Entitlement, Application etc.

However I seems to fail to find the mandatory link for an owner of a child object to certify the use of (enheritance) the asset? For example that entitlement owners certify that "Yes, this or these roles are approved to contain this or these entitlements of which I owns" or the same for role owners when their roles are childs of other roles or organization objects.

I have searched for this answer for quite some time, and all I have find is that this is NOT supported by Saviynt at this given time. As it is a rudimentary principal that owners certifies the use of, assignment of, aswell as direct associations or access to what they owns, it can hardly be something no one has already implemented somewhere. Has anyone implemented this?

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You need to raise idea ticket for feature 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Well it sort of answered my question in a way.

1: The product does not support it (which is a serious lacking compliance link)

2: No one has mitigated this, hence not many Saviynt customers can be in regulated industries.

Your requirements is child entitlement to be certified by other person

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Ofc. To compare:

someone asks you if they can borrow your painting for an art Gallery. You accepts this. However now you are just screwed because you will never be asked again, as it is the art Gallery owner who utterly decides that it is okay he uses your painting for as Long as he says it is so.

here the entitlement is the printning and the role is the art Gallery.

edit: oh sorry. You are not even asked if it is Play to use your asset or provide assignments to your asset. It is just assumed the the role owner utterly decides that, disregarding the owners of whatever the role owner believes should be inherited by their role.

• Currently its not supported raise idea ticket
  • workaround - create analytics report with accept and revoke action ( this will not actually remove membership but can help to remove manually)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak