Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entitlements within drop down for request not visible on Svaiynt App

dchaudhary1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have imported all data from Saviynt and can see entitlements added within ServiceNow. But when I go to service catalog and raise request for entitlements , there is no drop down showing for entitlements to request.

15 REPLIES 15

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please can you confirm if you are able to see entitlements and entitlement types fields in the catalog items for the particular application in the Saviynt SNOW App(Saviynt SNOW APP---> Catalog Items---> Search for Appliction.)

dchaudhary1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

dchaudhary1_0-1692058854446.png

dchaudhary1_1-1692058942352.png

Hi Nimit,

Thank you for your response. Yes as attached above I am able to view applications within catalogue items.

Thanks,

Divya

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you please open any of the catalog items and validate if the 'entitlementtype', 'entitlement' are showing up under the variables? Below is the screenshot for your reference.

saikanumuri_0-1692131898422.png

Hi,

No, it is not there

vivekbksingh_0-1692158231913.png

We ran below jobs to delete and do a full import, but it is still same. We don't see entitlement or entitlement type.

SAVIYNT_IGA: Delete Application Data

SAVIYNT_IGA: Full Import - All Data

Updating Media

Regards,

Vivek

vivekbksingh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

This screenshot didn't come right in my previous comment. Here is the screenshot of Job Logs which lists Jobs ran today. Let me know if you need a log for specific job

vivekbksingh_0-1692164231123.png

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Vivek,

Please enable the permissions for the tables referenced in the below article and validate it again. Let me know if you still face any issues.
https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/application-sop/generate-variables-under-catalog-items-to-display-the-...

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I have also added the content below in case if you are unable to access the article.

Instructions
Please follow the below instructions to generate the variables.

1. Change the Scope from Global to Saviynt IGA
  2. Navigate to All -> Saviynt IGA -> System Definition -> Tables
    saikanumuri_18-1692206949035.png

3. Look for item_option_new using the filter under the Name Columnsaikanumuri_19-1692206949037.png

4. Open the variable to navigate to the Application Access tab under the variable.
  5. Ensure the variable was provided with the below permissions Can read, Can Create and Can Update
    saikanumuri_20-1692206949038.png

6. Navigate to All -> Saviynt IGA -> Catalog Items and delete the corresponding catalog item

Note: Deleting the catalog item will remove all the customization. Please check with the customer if any customization is present for that catalog Item.

saikanumuri_21-1692206949038.png

7. Navigate to All -> Saviynt IGA -> Saviynt Scheduled Jobs and execute the job SAVIYNT_IGA: Generate Catalog Items for Applications.
  8. Validate the job status by navigating to All -> Saviynt IGA -> Job Logs where you can find the job details.
  9. Once the job is completed, navigate to the catalog items and validate if the variables were generated.
    saikanumuri_22-1692206949040.png

10. Once the variables are generated, the fields will appear for the end user in the request form.

saikanumuri_23-1692206949039.png

Hi,

Permission to Read, Create and Update is already checked for the column name. Please see the below screenshot

vivekbksingh_0-1692221088706.png

Regards,

Vivek

[Attached image edited by moderator]

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Vivek,

Can you please share the screenshot with the status of the job to ensure that the job is completed successfully?

dchaudhary1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @saikanumuri ,

After your post we might have ran Generate catalog item job many times. But I can share the screen shot when we ran the job on 16th August.

dchaudhary1_0-1692671745237.png

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Divya

BarCar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@saikanumuri 

I am having this issue too - as we try to move to production - none of our Catalog Items show any of the entitlements. Have tried eveything mentioned above. This is a critical issue for go-live.

If I manually execute this code in the Saviynt Scoped Application:

var catHelper = new x_saviy_iga.CatalogItemHelper();
catHelper.generateEntitlementTypeVariable('f0106cee1b38b990a12a1027b04bcb4a','7f0bf9fe1b983d54a12a1027b04bcb27');

where I am passing a Catalog Item sys_id and a Application Endpoint sys_id it creates the Entitlement Type variable - obviously that is not sustainable.

Not sure if it's relevant but there are 564 records in the item_option_new table for the entitlements/entitlement_type table but none are linked to a Catalog Item and all were created/update over 2 years ago. We only installed the Saviynt app in the last month so I presume this is garbage which was picked up in the installer.

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @BarCar 

Are you facing this issue for a few catalog items or is this present across all catalog items? Also, can you confirm what's the status of the catalog item for which the variables are not present? I have created few internal articles around this and currently working on externalizing them

BarCar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @saikanumuri - this was for them all. We just discovered that it was because the Endpoint Entitlement Types were all set to Request-Option "None" rather than "Table".

This was missed in the migration from DEV to PROD.

Changing the on all the Entitlement Types and re-syncing things allowed the Catalog Items to be regenerated correctly. Not sure if this will help @dchaudhary1 or @vivekbksingh.

dchaudhary1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @BarCar ,

Thank you for the help. We did try that option before, but that was not helpful in our case.

Thanks,

Divya

dchaudhary1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @saikanumuri ,

Thank you for providing the fix by enabling the debugger for schedule jobs from Test Scheduled Jobs(and Fix Scripts) in the Script... - ServiceNow Community.

By uploading this xml , deleting the previous catalogue items manually and running the job (regenerate catalogue item) via test script helped us to retrieve all the variables on catalogue items.

We are now able to see all the missing variables on catalogue items.

Thanks,

Divya