Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entitlement Owner Campaign

maurabagley
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have several questions:

1. I need to schedule an entitlement owner campaign to run on a scheduled basis.  Each time the job runs, it creates a new campaign in preview mode.  How do you configure to activate the campaign immediately?  I don't understand the point of scheduling a campaign to run on a set schedule if you have to go in and activate each one manually.
  2. In 5.5, is there a way to skip step 1  (Entitlement Owner Verification)?  I know there is not a way via the UI but I didn't know if something could be updated directly in the database?  I tried setting is_ignore_step1data_populated on the certification table to true but that didn't seem to work.
  3. If #2 isn't possible, is there another way to achieve this?  I only want the campaign to be created if there are users whose accounts need to be certified.  If there aren't any accounts to be certified, it still creates the campaign with just certifying the entitlement itself which I don't want.  I didn't know if there is a way using the advanced campaign configuration queries.
  4. When you schedule a campaign to run on cron, where is the data for the original configuration stored so that each time the CampaignScheduleJob runs, it knows the campaign configuration settings?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Maura,

1. This is currently not supported but it is on the road map for future releases and we are tracking this internally.

2. As you mentioned this is not available in 5.5. but is available from v2021.x onwards.

3. Can you try the below query in the advanced campaign configuration under 'Account Entitlements1 Query'

ae1.entitlement_valuekey is not null and ae1.accountkey in (select distinct accountkey from User_accounts)

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

4. Certification table

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

maurabagley
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately, the query given for question #3 didn't work.  It still creates a campaign to certify the entitlement itself even if there aren't any account entitlements to be certified.  I guess I need to wait until v2021.

For question #4, the data only goes into the certification table once the scheduled job runs to create it.  However, the values set with the original configuration must be stored somewhere so the scheduled job can create the new campaign when it runs.