Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Entitlement and AccountName parameters for GrantAccessJSON and RevokeAccessJSON of DB connector

sk
All-Star
All-Star
Team,

Can anyone help me with the right parameters I can use in GrantAccessJSON & RevokeAccessJSON of DB connector?

We tried below parameters combination for entitlement and account respectively
  1. ${task.entitlement_valuekey.entitlement_value}, ${task.ACCOUNTNAME}
  2. ${task.entitlement_valuekey.entitlement_value}, ${task.accountName}
  3. ${task.entitlement_valuekey.entitlement_value},  ${accountName}
  4. ${entitlement_value}, ${accountname}
  5. ${entitlement_value}, ${accountName}

Also as per connector documentation(https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000617705-database-connector-guide) task is something exposed as binding variable but looks like it is not working.

Example I tried task.accountName in CreateAccountJSON which failed with null pointer exception but once I changed it to ${accountName} it started working.

Now I facing issue in finding right parameters for GrantAccessJSON & RevokeAccessJSON 

Can anyone help me in finding right parameters?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.
3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Sample JSON with variables

{ "Database Roles" : ["GRANT \"${task.entitlement_valueKey.entitlement_value}\" TO \"${accountName}\" "] }

Here Database Roles is Entitlement Type Name. 

Please share your JSON if you still facing issue. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks Rushikesh

changing the case of k to K in parameter ${task.entitlement_valueKey.entitlement_value} worked.

So final parameters that are worked

entitlement: ${task.entitlement_valueKey.entitlement_value

account: ${accountName}

I am not sure if Saviynt team is watching this thread or not. But just one suggestion is that It would be great if the FD documentation(https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000617705-database-connector-guide) is updated with right parameters if they are case sensitive. Right now examples given in this document are not working unless we modify the case as mentioned here.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi SK,

We are indeed watching! Thanks for the suggestion. Duly noted and passed on to the documenation team for correction.

Thanks,

Nagesh K