Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Enterprise Role Campaign Usability

robcivitello
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We continue to face pushback / refusal to complete Role Owner Campaigns in Saviynt because they are so difficult and time consuming to complete.  This is not a problem we had with our previous access certification tool.  Looking for suggestions on how to make Role Owner Campaigns usable.

The problem: Role owner campaigns are not presented in a normalized fashion. Instead, owners must click into every role they own to individually review the users for that role.  Many of our shared services teams have Role owners responsible for hundreds of roles (this is necessary because access must be restricted by client).  This means that when a user receives a review they must manually click on each role, then click on the members to review and approve.  Many role owners have simply refused to perform the reviews in the new tool (Saviynt), so we need to export roles memberships from Saviynt and import them into our legacy tool.

Question: Is there any way to present role owner reviews in a normalized view so that owners can sort/filter on logical groupings and multi-approve?  For example: A common scenario is that a role owner is responsible for a service that has 25 members but 300 roles. Based on the clients they support a given team member will be assigned a subset of those roles.  If the certifier was able to filter or sort by role member, they could quickly review all of the roles (clients) that user is supporting and enter a decision.  As it is, the certifier has to click on 300 roles and enter an individual decision for the same user over and over again.

3 REPLIES 3

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @robcivitello ,

Thanks for reaching out.

On your question, there is no way to change the view on how the Enterprise Roles are presented in the Role Owner campaign to the certifiers.

If I understood correctly, you want the capability to BULK approve entitlements in an Enterprise Role? Correct me If I am wrong.

For example -

We have a Certifier - Test A

Test A is a primary Certifier for two Enterprise roles ER1 and ER2.

Both ER1 and ER2 have multiple Users and Entitlement.

The capability to BULK approve the ROLES by taking Bulk Action as below is supported.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 5.07.48 PM.png

The capability to BULK approve the USERS in an Enterprise Role is Supported as below -

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 5.08.58 PM.png

The capability to BULK approve/reject the entitlements present in the ROLES as below is not supported. Is this what you are looking for ?

If yes, then this would be an enhancement request and would be routed to the Ideas portal.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 5.11.23 PM.png

Thanks.

Hello - I would be interested to know the rationale behind the inconsistent design related to bulk approvals, but that was not my original question.

My question was related to the ability to present the reviews in a usable fashion.  Right now, certifiers need to manually click on hundreds of roles to even get to the screen where they can see the users.  So my question was: can we present the review items on a single page so that certifiers don't need to manually click into every role to see the users?

Hi @robcivitello ,

That would be a change to the interface of the Role Owners Campaign and there is no configuration that can make that happen.

This would be an enhancement request. Please post this on the Ideas Portal for the Product Team to review and consider.

Ideas Portal - https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/

Thanks.