Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Enabling tag based search using multiple values

vermark
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

We want to enable the endpoint tag based search based on two tags. Example - If somebody searches with tag 'Oracle' or tag 'DB Name (Ex-xcv01)' then same application should be listed for request.

vermark_0-1674212169210.png

I could see in global config the tag search is based on the CP value of endpoint and we can set only one CP value in it as shown in the below screenshot.

vermark_1-1674212293731.png

Please suggest how to search an application based on mutiple tags at the time of request?

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can define only one tag per application at a time, what is business use case for multiple tag?

workaround add keyword in endpoint description 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Each application is type of oralce so one tag seach should be based on search tag 'oracle'.  and another search should be based on search tag 'db name' since each application has the unique db name.

When we search with 'Orcale' or specific DB Name the same appliction should be visibible.

Just a thought haven't tried this personally. Did you try comma separated value in CP and see if that works as expected?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

vermark
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried using common separated values like - oracle, xcv01. It shows both the values in the tag search like below but search doesn't work as expected.

vermark_0-1674223992550.png

So unless you select both tags it is not listing the application? And I assume you wanted the application to be displayed if you select any one of it

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

vermark
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I want the application to be displayed if anyone of the tag is selected but right now the application which has comma sepated values in cp is not listed in the search even if i select one or both the tags.

@vermark : Looks like comma separated values on endpoint should work. 

Same has been mentioned in KBA

Regards,
Saathvik