Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Emails wont send

SyedAkhter_1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello All,

Im having trouble with sending out email templates, none of the binding variable i use seem to sending out any emails

SyedAkhter_1_0-1681922363387.png

• ${campaign?.campaignOwner?.email}
  • ${users?.email}
  • ${userEmail}
  • ${usersEmail}
  • ${users.Email}
  • ${user.Email}

Its a simple OOB standard body for the email, so i cant figure out why this isnt sending out, and this applies to all the email templates.

has anyone else had a similar issue? what could be a potential solution?

Thanks,

Syed

3 REPLIES 3

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @SyedAkhter_1 

I hope you are attaching the email template while launching the campaign in the campaign definition.

For getting campaign reminders , you will have to run the campaign reminder job in Saviynt.

Regarding binding variables, please find below link / list of supported binding variables for certification module.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter06-Configuring-SSM/Creating-...

Binding Variable Description

${campaign?.campaignName}

Obtains the name of the campaign.

${campaign?.campaignOwner?.username}

Obtains the username of the campaign owner.

${certification?.cert_name}

Obtains the name of the certification.

${originalCertifier?.username}

Obtains the name of the primary certifier or approver.

${users?.username}

Obtains the username of the assignee.

${certificationUsers}

Obtains the username of the user whose access is to be certified.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Yes i am attaching, the emails to the certification, in this case im attaching the one above to the "create email template" basic campaign notification. ive also tried the binding variables listed on the documentation to no such avail. what would be the next troubleshooting step moving forward? 

SyedAkhter_1_0-1681927223191.png

Thanks,

Syed

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @SyedAkhter_1 

I would check below things:

1. Check SMTP config and see if the emails are getting delivered from Saviynt.

2. If emails are getting delivered then attached one simple template (with very less binding variables) and see if you receive the email.

3. Make sure that the campaign is in InProgress mode.

4. Check in the certification table if the createemailsent is updated or not?

select  createemailsent,certkey from certification where certkey="your campaignkey"

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.