Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email template for Specific Ranks Owner Approval

haardik_verma
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We have a requirement related to sending emails to entitlement owners for reminder or approval. We want approval to be sent to specific rank owners but email to all.

So, our design is to send the owner's approval to only the entitlement owners that are Rank 1 and Rank 2.

We are doing this by using custom assignment block (instead of access approval block because it only has single rank option or all rank options)

haardik_verma_0-1675863089876.png

From our test entitlement

haardik_verma_1-1675863231569.png

The approval only goes to testtanmay and 991.

But for the email template we were using 

Name : ARS - Request - Pending approval - Owner
To : ${assignee.email}

Using ${assignee.email}, the mail is sent to testtanmay and 991 only.. which is fine.

But our requirement is to
  1. Request goes to only rank 1 and 2 and cc rest of the ppl

2. Then day 1 reminder the request goes to all ranks in 5

So we need help with 2 email templates,

In 1st, the recipient can be ${assignee.email} and we need help with CC part where it sends email to all the rank holder owners.(not just rank 1 and 2)

And 2nd template, which will be sent after 1 day of request, here the email should be sent to all the rank holder owners.

We tried ${entitlements?.entitlementsOwner?.email} in recipient but this did not work.

When I kept this
To : ${entitlements?.entitlementsOwner?.email}
Cc : xxxx.xxxx@email.com
the email was being received by me (xxxx.xxxx@email.com) but not by testtanmay and 991 and other owners.

I received 2 emails, in which i was in cc, the email recipients were testtanmay and 991 and the email body had their respective names.. But they did not receive the email... Also the the email was triggered for only testtanmay and 991 and not all the owners like 890 and 891

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma
6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use custom Action block of workflow and write java code to send emails specific to rank

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Are you talking about this?

haardik_verma_0-1675865165422.png

Where do we write the code? we do not have access to the backend.

And the ${assignee.email} works perfectly for sending email to specific rank.. The problem is sending the email to all rank owners. (when the request has gone to only rank 1 and 2)

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma

Java code , create jar

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

create where?
or if i already have jar file ready, where do i upload it?

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma

File Directory - externaljar

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Oh okay,

Got it.

Thanks @rushikeshvartak for quick help as always!!

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma