We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Email Notification after Birthright rule creates AD Account

cdavis2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I am trying to set up an email tamplate to send out the initial AD password to a user after there AD account gets created through a birthright rule. I added an account creation template to the AD endpoint and added a template in the global configurations under "Task Complete Email Template For New Account Password." I have the template only coming to myself in the To field. I kicked off the rule and created a new user however I am not seeing the email. Any suggestions thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@cdavis2 , set your email as that user's email for which new account will be  created and then trigger rule. Password will be sent as part of email only to the beneficiary and her manager.

cdavis2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I will give that a try and let you know the results

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@cdavis2 please follow the below steps

1.Create the email template by navigating to admin>identity repository>settings>email template>create new template
Use ${user.email}  , ${manager.email} binding variable in TO /CC address.

SumathiSomala_0-1698076653089.png

2. Attach the newly created email template in Add Email Templates under endpoint details page.

SumathiSomala_1-1698076688290.png

3.Then trigger the rule. If condition matched new account task will be created.

Once the new account task is completed email notification will be triggered to beneficiary and his manager.

If this reply answered your question, please Accept it As Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

So I cant hardcode an actual email in the template? I am trying to test the email and I do not want it to go to the actual manager. 

@cdavis2 yes, you can hardcode it for testing purpose. 

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Do you see any error in logs ? or email sent details

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Yes I do I see the following error 

2023-10-23T18:15:04.515173034Z stdout F 2023-10-23 18:15:04,514 [quartzScheduler_Worker-5] ERROR services.ArsTaskService - Error while sending email - No such property: systemusername for class: com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Users

@cdavis2 Could please share your email template body. 

Also you can use below line to identify the variable you can use 

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

${users.systemUserName}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Ok I made that correction what is the easiest way to do a quick email test just to see the template structure.