Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Email not triggered for approval request

hareeshreddy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi ,

i have created a workflow and email template to notify user manager when user request for access.

But emails are not triggering to user manager.

what might have went wrong. 

there are Request approval email and request reject email config guide in saviynt But there is no document in saviyynt for sending emails to user manager when user requested for access.

Can anyone guide me with steps to achive this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hareesh reddy

3 REPLIES 3

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Hareesh,

Have you tried executing the email history job? If not, you need to execute the job to send out the email notifications.

Below is the link to the documentation for your reference
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter13-Access-Requests/ars-set...

hareeshreddy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks @saikanumuri .

I missed earlier and now i  have scheduled email history job. emails are triggering.

there are

1. Request approval email

2. Request reject email

config guide available in saviynt. But there is no document available in saviynt for sending emails to user manager when user requested for access.

could you help with this.

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Hareesh,

you need to configure the email template and use the right binding variable to send the email. For the manager, you can use ${manager.email}, and also you can find the other exposed binding variables in the help section on the email template.

Below is the screenshot and Documentation for your reference.

saikanumuri_0-1679061512610.png

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter06-Configuring-SSM/Creating-...