We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Dynamic child attribute should be hidden before parent dynamic attribute is selected.

Chaitanya_D14
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Team,

We have a requirement where the parent-child dynamic attributes are configured and as the documents in doc.saviyntcloud.com specify, these attributes cannot be used in Action String if 'Hide on Create' or 'Hide on Update' checkboxes are selected while creating the parent or child dynamic attributes.

Thus, when a user opens the Request form, both the parent and child attributes are visible by default. We have the following Action String saved: SHOW###SabaTrainingStatus###ORCA___HIDE###SabaTrainingStatus###Scout, where SabaTrainingStatus is the child attribute. This child attribute is only hidden when 'Scout' value is selected for the Parent attribute, but is displayed by default when the Request Form is just opened before the selection is done.

tempsnip.png

Is it possible to hide the child attribute which being displayed on Request Page by default when the page is just opened?

6 REPLIES 6

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you please add this to your Action string as well

HIDE###SabaTrainingStatus###Please select the application for which you require access

where SabaTrainingStatus is your child dynamic attribute name and Please select the application for which you require access is the default value of your parent attribute.

Hey,

Thanks for the response, but this also does not work when tried.
I have also tried using HIDE###SabaTrainingStatus###___ but it's the same case.

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

It should work like this:

SHOW###SabaTrainingStatus###ORCA___HIDE###SabaTrainingStatus###Scout___HIDE###SabaTrainingStatus###

Just discovered this behaviour (in v23.5) while looking for something else.

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you please provide the entire Action String that you tried with and the default values as well?

saipraveengv
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

hi @ASA can you share me action string and i am not able to hide the dyn attributes unless the parent is selected. 

I have not provided any default value and tried with both Mapping and Refresh for What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I put Mapping. Just retested and you're right. Only works when default value is set.