Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dynamic Attributes - ${variable} in Failure Message

Naveen_Talanos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Experts,

Please help

1. Is it possible to use variables in Failure Message in Dynamic Attributes?

2. For Dynamic Attribute type DATE is it possible to restrict date selection, like grey out less than today or more than 90 days in calendar pop up?

Regards

Naveen

2 REPLIES 2

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Naveen_Talanos ,

1. Not supported.

2. It is not possible to grey out. But you can always use the Validation Condition.

Ex -

I have a DA attribute as EndDate during User Creation.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 6.53.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 6.53.12 PM.png

I have added the below condition in Validation Condition

${((EndDate > currentdate) && (EndDate < currentdate.plus(122)))}

The above query states that the value specified is greater than the Start Date (current date) and lesser than 122 days from the current date.

Also, add a failure message in the DA.

Failure Message: Specify the message that you want to prompt if the validation condition is not met.

So now on User Creation if I enter the date less than current date, it will throw a pop-up displaying the message what we have mentioned in Failure Message.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 6.54.30 PM.png

More can be found at - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v232/page/Content/Chapter13-Access-Requests/ars-mang-...

Thanks @DaanishJawed. Yes, validation is working for me as well. Was just trying to make it more fancy by either blocking selection of date after 60 days or putting date (variable) in message so that user knows what is the max date allowed for selection.

Regards

Naveen