We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Dynamic Attributes in DB Connector

Rajesh_IAM
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

Issue: We have configured few dynamic attributes (filters) for DB connector. As per application team requirement, query (single select query) containing multiple conditions like  "select distinct Country from xxxxxx where Application = 'xxxx' and Role = 'xxxx' and DataEntry = 'xxx' and BU = 'xxx' and Region = 'xxx';". I know saviynt will not support multiple values in Parent attribute, so we can't place this multi condition query in value in dynamic filter.

But please let me know, how to resolve this multi condition usecase as each filter should contains correct expected values based on these multi previous filter values.

6 REPLIES 6

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Rajesh_IAM , you can use cascading dynamic attributes. Like Region is parent for BU,BU is parent for Data Entry, Data Entry is parent for Role and Role is parent for Application.

You can also look to store the possible combination in the dataset and fetch the DA values from the datasets.

Rajesh_IAM
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@nimitdave  Thank you for your response. Already I used the same way (Application is parent of Role, Role is parent of DataEntry...) in DA, but still its not working and showing unnecessary information in filter dropdown.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Split into multiple Dynamic attributes

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak Thank you for your response. I did already, created multiple DAs like Application, Role, DataEntry,BU,PG.. and made Application is parent of Role, Role is parent of DataEntry, DataEntry is parent of BU...,  but still its not working and showing unnecessary information in filter dropdown.

Share screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak PFA screen shots of DA configuration