Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dynamic Attributes in Account Creation with unneccessary escaping

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to populate the Active Directory field "homeDirectory" on account creation.

I have created a dynamic attribute, that displays a correctly formatted path that can be selected, here is an example:

homeshare.png

However, when I use this dynamic attribute and it gets written to the account's customproperty (and provisioned to Active Directory and re-imported also), it looks like this:

homeshare_account.png

All the single \ have been doubled. But the double-\ in the beginning stays untouched.

Is there any way I can prevent this from happening, or somehow remove the unneccessary escaping?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

prasannta
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @TimoR 

Can you provide details of the dynamic attribute configuration? Also can you check what values are passed during provisioning in logs?

Thanks

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I attached the dynamic attribute configuration as a screenshot. The values passed during provisioning in the logs looks like this:

DEBUG ldap.SaviyntGroovyLdapService - Start adding Provisioning Metadata {\"customproperty4\":\"'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\covwn227\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\coh05$\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\K_100013'\",[...]

The query used in the dynamic attribute is this:

SELECT DISTINCT CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(accounts.CUSTOMPROPERTY4, '\$', 1), '\$\\\\${user.username}') as ID FROM user_accounts INNER JOIN users ON user_accounts.USERKEY = users.USERKEY INNER JOIN accounts ON user_accounts.ACCOUNTKEY = accounts.ACCOUNTKEY WHERE accounts.ENDPOINTKEY = 4 AND accounts.STATUS = 1 AND users.STATUSKEY = 1 AND users.LOCATION = '${user.location}' AND accounts.CUSTOMPROPERTY4 IS NOT NULL ORDER BY ID

This query correctly shows a list of strings like this in the ARS form:

\\covwn227\coh05$\K_100013

Thanks