We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Duplicate Entitlements and API Calls

annegorman
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have duplicate entitlements, one is active the other is inactive, however, when making the API call to create a task, it fails with 

{"Status":"Failure","Error":"Entitlement value does not exist:
CN=UNV.AM.CPB.COM.Okta_IRI_Unify,OU=Groups,OU=Okta,OU=APP,DC=amtest,DC=cpbtest,DC=com"}, I don't see the ability to have a status flag on createtask api, any suggestions?  

annegorman_0-1681141963431.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi,

Have you tried renaming the inactive entitlement and trying the same API call. 

Does it works or still the same issue?

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

annegorman
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, if you rename it works, however, this is not a practical solution as we have a lot of these duplicates due to an issue that has been solved.  Is there not a way to only choose Active entitlements in the call, GetEntitlements has a status flag.

Annegorman,

The API should default to the active entitlement instead of returning "entitlement value does not exist" error.  I assume you already open a FD ticket for this issue?  

The only other option I can think of is update the attribute value via custom query job. This is generally not recommended due to the risk of updating the wrong records.  If you decide to go this this route, yor custom query job will use the SQL similar to:  "update entitlement_values set entitlement_value = CONCAT(entitlement_value, '_RENAMED') where entitlement_valuekey in ([valuekey1],valuekey2],valuekey3],[...])"

The challenge is to get the entitlement_valuekey for the entitlements that need to be renamed. 

Thanks! No, I have not entered a FD ticket, I will now.