Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Discontinue Pending Tasks for Rehires

JohnLawson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
User update rule action "Discontinue Pending Task" also discontinues the subsequent actions in the update rule. Ex:

JohnLawson_9-1674070056768.png

Active user with no pending tasks:

JohnLawson_11-1674070116081.png

Change status to inactive, which creates future pending tasks for termination:

JohnLawson_12-1674070188749.png

Global config has discontinue pending task on user rehire:

JohnLawson_13-1674070218137.png

Update via UI user update rule:

JohnLawson_14-1674070266865.png

User reactivated and rule triggers:

JohnLawson_15-1674070297460.png

Two pending tasks remain:

JohnLawson_16-1674070545715.png

And no rehire tasks were generated.

Here is the completed tasks log:

JohnLawson_17-1674070960359.png

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Since its user update tasks its not discontinued seems like defect raise freshdesk ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

JohnLawson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Is it correct that since the discontinue is on the first line in the update rule, it should run first and then the subsequent actions? 

CHECK START DATE FOR UPDATE TASK

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

I see you did both actions Inactive and Active on same user.

As per screenshots I see when user got disabled it created remove account/access & Disable Account tasks. But those were not completed they got discontinued on making user Active as per your settings/rules.  So I would assume that user still have active account/access even in inactive state and hence on rehire I assume it skipped creating new tasks for enable account. 

Did you try the rehire scenario on already Inactive user? Or Did you try making user inactive and let the tasks complete on inactivation and then try to rehire?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.