Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Disable User without creating Remove Account tasks

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi all,

when we user "Disable User" action in user update rules, it implicitly creates remove account tasks for all the users accounts. Is there a way to just disable the user (so they can't log into Saviynt) and nothing else?

I can imagine it working via Saviynt4Saviynt Connector and disable account but before I try maybe anyone knows if this will behave as intended or has an easier solution.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ASA ,

Greetings,

By the product design, when you select 'disable user' action in the user update rules, it will create remove account tasks for all the active accounts of the user as well as user will be disabled in the target. Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 5.51.16 AM.png

Documentation link for the same: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter05-Policies/Creating-User-Up...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

yes, I know. I'm looking for a way to avoid it.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

I can think of below option. Can you please configure something like below in your JSON?

{

"removeAction": "${if(task.source == 'ONECLICKDISABLE'){'SUSPEND'} else {'DELETE'}}",

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

ASA
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Devang,

which JSON would that be? I can imagine adapting the JSONs for remove account of each connection to do nothing, but then we loose the ability to remove accounts alltogether.

REMOVEACCOUNTACTION 

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

DBorchers
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

we have found a solution to our problem elsewhere. By setting "User Termination from Imports = disabled" in the global settings. Now the user can be disabled without deleting the roles directly.

DBorchers_0-1685966142524.png

Greetings

David