We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Difference between Delete Account and Remove Account Task

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Could someone please let me know what is the difference between Delete Account and Remove Account Task.

I assumed both were same but I noticed the arstask type is "2" for Remove Access and Remove Account and "8" for Delete Account and "14" for Disable Account .

How is Remove Access and Remove Account related  since they share same tasktype?

9 REPLIES 9

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The tasks created via Remove Account and Disable Account triggers different logic from the connectors configuration, i.e RemoveAccountJSON and DisableAccountJSON, respectively. One of the use case where I have seen them use is when different action needs to be taken on Day 0 and Day X, post termination.

Remove Account and Remove Access shares the same task type as you have mentioned. The only difference from the task's perspective is that Remove Access also has data populated under Entitlement_Valuekey column, which stores the entitlement valuekey of the entitlement which needs to be removed.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

How is Delete Account (tasktype 14) different from Remove Account (task type 2) . 

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

TaskType 14 is Disable Account not Delete Account.

Disable Account and Remove Acccount differs in two aspects (apart from the tasktype)

1) How it is triggered.

Under User Update Rule, you can configure whether to open a Disable Account or Remove Account Task.

avinashchhetri_0-1651587693413.png

"Deprovision Access" option with create create  "Remove Account" Task of Tasktype 2 and

"Disable User Account" option will create a "Disable Account" task of Tasktype 14.

2) What happens to each of these tasks on DeProvisioning.

As stated before, when the Provisioning Job runs, each of these tasks trigger different section of the JSON from the connector i.e. Remove Account will trigger the logic in RemoveAccountJSON and Disable Account will trigger the logic in DisableAccountJSON. 

Note that the JSON placeholder might have slightly different naming comnventions across connectors.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Apologies i had the wrong number .My question was about Delete Account Task Type = 8.

I meant to ask 

How is Delete Account (tasktype 😎 different from Remove Account (task type 2) . 

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Apologies i had the wrong number .My question was about Delete Account Task Type = 8.

I meant to ask

How is Delete Account - task type 8 different from Remove Account task type 2

Could you let me know how did you create a Delete Account task ? was it from the API ?

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

So far I haven't seen any way to trigger DeleteAccountJSON . I checked UpdateRules .

That was my original issue .So we have this SOAP connector and we had 6000+ Remove Account Tasks that were created and not closed/processed .Initially i thought the issue was we did not have DeleteAccountJSON Configured(I was under the impression DeleteAccount and RemoveAccount were same but turns out it is not) .Then i decided to configure the RemoveAccountJSON hoping that would resolve our Orphan RemoveAccount Tasks but while checking the connection we noticed there was no RemoveAccountJSON that can be configured instead the connection had only DeleteAccountJSON .

If there is no way to trigger a DeleteAccontJSON why would a connection have that configuration .Ideally i would assume RemoveAccount and DeleteAccount should be the same.

Hope it makes sense

NB_0-1651672885718.pngNB_1-1651672897902.png

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The JSON placeholders across connectors varies as stated before. To the best of my knowledge, for the SOAP Connector :

"Deprovision Access" option with create create  "Remove Account"  and the coresponding logic in the connector that gets triggered is DELETEACCOUNTJSON

"Disable User Account" option will create a "Disable Account" and the coresponding logic in the connector that gets triggered is DISABLEACCOUNTJSON

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

select * from arstasks where tasktype in(14)

Please check below column

• source --> This will give idea from where tasks has been triggered (Rule,analytics,Request)
  • Comments --> this will provide additional information (like report key/ comment)

Based upon above you can figure out which JSON is getting called for particular task type

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.