Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

DG and Teams channel's email as a recipient of emails

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Hi, we are trying to set a Teams channel's email as a recipient for emails sent from IDM. We have set a Teams channel email address in "To:" field in an email template but the email is not being sent there. 

We tried to send this email template using a personal email address and it works fine.

So, my question here: is it possible to send an email to a Teams channel email like 797.....com@emea.teams.ms?
The same question with the Distribution groups. Is it possible to use a DG like DG@mail.com as a recipient in an email template?

When I try to trigger an email notification to a Teams channel's email, I can see in a log that the email address is visible but then it turned to null:

2022-12-02 12:28:49,009 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - to field in email template - 797.....com@emea.teams.ms
2022-12-02 12:28:49,009 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - tofield after removing useremail - 797.....com@emea.teams.ms
2022-12-02 12:28:49,036 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - to in email - null
2022-12-02 12:28:49,036 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - ccfield after removing useremail - myaccess@....com
2022-12-02 12:28:49,062 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - cc in email - [myaccess@...com]
2022-12-02 12:28:49,062 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - fromfield after removing useremail - myaccess@....com
8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Are you able ro send email from your mailbox ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi, 

yes, we are able to send emails to Teams channel email addresses from our mailbox.

Does smtp configured have required permission to send email 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Could you please give me a hint on how to check it?

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi, our email template has 2 recipients: an analytic's owner and the Teams channel's email address.

The owner receives emails. But the second recipient - as you can see in the log I have attached earlier, the email value of the Teams channel is turning to null.

Could you please clarify where should I check if "smtp configured have required permission to send email"? 

Olesia_1-1671520942686.png

I see smtp is configured it must be restrictions from smtp server not sending emails on team channel

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi, could you please check the log I have attached, it seems that IDM does not even try to send it as the recipient address turns to null in IDM:

2022-12-02 12:28:49,009 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - tofield after removing useremail - 797.....com@emea.teams.ms
2022-12-02 12:28:49,036 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsHistoryService - to in email - null

The second point to check: could Saviynt add DKIM records for outbound mails?

What is a DKIM record? # A DKIM record is a specially formatted DNS TXT record that stores the public key the receiving mail server will use to verify a message's signature. A DKIM includes a name, version, key type, and the public key itself, and is often made available by the provider that is sending your email.

You can check if some domains are blocked or not with saviynt

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak