Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Delegation - Auto update from source of truth (DB)

Naveen_Talanos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Experts,

Please help.

My source of truth is DB which sends me userid of delegate and leave start and end date in user's data record.

Is there is way that I may update this delegate data to Delegate list against the user as part of incremental recon from DB?

Please guide

Regards,

Naveen

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can stored start date and end date in user’s custom property & use saviynt rest api to create delegations.

you won’t be able to update in database directly as there will be many dependency 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Naveen_Talanos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks @rushikeshvartak I will try.

I have no experience yet of using Saviynt REST API but I am sure there is documentation around it.

Regards,

Naveen

Reference for delegate apis

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/2s83mbojGM#01109fd5-6253-4080-9645-3a7084aee5ef

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Amazing @rushikeshvartak 

Sorry, can I ask a silly question? From where should I trigger this rest API? Should I create a job which will run say a JAR to trigger it?

I hope I don't have to trigger the REST API from outside Saviynt.

Regards,

Naveen

You can create custom jar code which will run after every user import

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak