Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

DB connector UPDATEACCOUNTJSON

Gopi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Is it possible to add more than 2 update queries in the UPDATEACCOUNTJSON block of the DB connector?

The requirement is that once the user value is updated we need to update 3 tables in target.

Is it possible in the connection?

Regards,

Gopi.

8 REPLIES 8

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Gopi,

Unfortunately, it is not feasible to employ two update queries within the UpdateAccountJSON in the DB Connector.

Regards,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Gopi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @sudeshjaiswal ,

Is it possible in UPDATEUSERJSON?

Regards,

Gopi.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Gopi,

You May Try using UPDATEUSERJSON, The UPDATEUSERJSON parameter in the Database connector executes each comma-separated query in the JSON value as an individual statement. 

Sample Query:
{ "updateUserQry":[
"update users set customproperty5 = case when customproperty5 = 'Terminate' then '-2' when customproperty5 = 'Active' then '01' when customproperty5 = 'LOA' then '13' when customproperty5 = 'Suspend' then '04' when customproperty5 = 'Severance' then '05' else customproperty5 end where userkey = ${user.id} ",
"update users set termdate = null where userkey = ${user.id} and termdate is not null and customproperty5 in (1,01,4, 04,13)",
"update users set termdate = curdate() where userkey = ${user.id} and termdate is null and customproperty5 in (-2,5)"
]
}

Thanks,

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

If you separate query by comma are you getting any error

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Gopi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

yes, I'm getting an error.

Code: {"UpdateAccountQry" : ["UPDATE SYSADM.PS_NOVL_NDS_DATA SET DESCR='MYITACCESS' WHERE emplid='${user.employeeid}'","UPDATE SYSADM.PS_DIRXML_STAGE01 SET NET_RETURN_STATUS='MYITACCESS' WHERE emplid='${user.employeeid}'"]}

Screenshot: 

Gopi_0-1684498701016.png

Regards,

Gopi.

You can join both queries if possible into single query or create stored procedure

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Gopi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi all,

It's working fine for Updating multiple tables in USERUPDATEJSON. Thanks for all your help.

One more thing I need to check: If a user record exists in that table I'm good to update if not I need to insert data. How can I check this in the connection? 

Regards,

Gopi.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Gopi,

In Connection params, you cannot pass these details.

Thanks