Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dataset problem

nfraternali
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

i have created a new dataset importing a csv file with all the special character that I want to be substitue by the standard ones. I have also created a custom query job to test it, like this: 

nfraternali_0-1682668757965.png

nfraternali_1-1682668765516.png

in the dataset there are 500 characters, but when I run the custom query job this failed and don't sostitute with the standard character. What's the problem?

Also,  i have create this dataset because i want that the character have been substitute when i generate the email that is firstname.lastname, how can I modify the query with this? thank you

3 REPLIES 3

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @nfraternali ,

Please refer to below documentation. on how to normalize the identity data with the help of DB functions. You can use the function in the preprocessor for user import. There are samples provided on how to configure preprocessor and use the DB functions.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter03-User-Management/User-Impo...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

nfraternali
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

yes i've seen this documentation, but just to test it I used the customquery job and it doesn't substitute all the characters i inserted in the csv file. I attach the file (open it with notepad or someone else but not with excel because it gives problems). What could be the problem?

Hi @nfraternali 

File looks okay, you can try with simple query in analytics and see what's the issue- 

select FN_EIC_REPLACE('darsĂas','Special') as id

Just go to analytics creation and just do a preview and see if you are able to get the result.

Thanks

Darshan