Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Database Entitlement Import Error unable to set batchsize from config due to For input string

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

We are getting below error while running saviynt4Saviynt Database entitlement import. 

"ecm-worker","2023-04-30T10:30:16.481+0000","{"log":"2023-04-30 10:30:16,405 [quartzScheduler_Worker-1] DEBUG services.SaviyntElasticService  - unable to set batchsize from config due to For input string: \"[:]\".. setting to default.\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-04-30T10:30:16.405416246Z"}"

Can you let us know what is configuration and what is rational behind error to database entitlement value import

on Preliminary analysis it seems some report running long time which is under externalconfig.properties - analyticsindexbatchcount 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter16-SSM-Analytics/Managing-An...

rushikeshvartak_0-1682997252076.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.
7 REPLIES 7

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

This is not the error,its just a printout statement that if that config is not present then it picks up the default value,

Now this config works in a way i tries to run via batches via if there are huge records and process records by batches ( default size is 7500 and we recommend you to keep the same ), So you can ignore the log line ( again specifying its not a error )

Thanks

Darshan

Its failing job and not updating entitlement and its only 480 Entitlements 

I suspect i need to set bulkrequestmaxsize  variable in externalconfig.properties

consider https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/analytics-report-failure/m-p/29989

DEBUG services.SaviyntElasticService - unable to set batchsize from config due to For input string: "[:]".. setting to default.
DEBUG services.SaviyntElasticService - bulkrequestmaxsize =25000000

what is best practices for bulkrequestmaxsize & where all this is used 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

This config is for analytics and as your issue is on the  saviynt 4 Saviynt Database entitlement import , this is no where in context with that, so if the job is failing so i would request you to check the correct logs and check where it is going wrong.

Now on the above config's the recommended is to have the default values and run it accordingly. ( as specified in the doc its used for elasticsearch index request ).

Thanks

Darshan

I understand this configuration is for analytics but like to understand why this error is reported for database import.

rushikeshvartak_0-1683043457296.png

Please note logs are correct of same time frame

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

This looks strange, can you attach the logs on this ( where the job has started on this ), you can create an FD if you want to update the logs and provide the FD ticket so that we can check.

Thanks

Darshan

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/1624634

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

After server restart it worked as expected 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak