Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Custom Property size

Naveen
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi,

What is the size limit for customproperty. If we can create a customproperty with the type as blob, what will be the maximum size of it.

Thanks,

Naveen

10 REPLIES 10

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Naveen 

Customproperty of which object? Users , accounts , entitlement_values or endpoints.

You can check the size of the customproperty from DB or Data analyser

dgandhi_0-1681769650298.png

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Naveen ,

In EIC, based in the object, we have few columns which are varhcrar(255) and to store bigger values which need a bigger datatype than varchar(255), we have few columns with datatype longtext.

In general a blob datatype column would allow around 65kb of data to be stored. Also by product design and guidelines, we are not allowed to create any new custom property or change the data type of the any existing customproperty  from the schema that ships with product.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Regarding the customproperty, I would like to clarify that it pertains to the following objects: Users, Accounts, Entitlement_Values, or Endpoints. To determine the size of the customproperty, you have the option to check the database (DB) or utilize a data analyzer.

Please refer to the attached image for further information.

dfdf.png

Thanks, however when I run desc Saviynt.accounts on DB analyser, I get cannot execute command error.

Hover over i icon in data analyzer

rushikeshvartak_0-1681875085519.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Naveen 

There are 2 options:

1st Option:

Create one analytics with query like desc users

Run the analytics and in history you should be able to see all the required information.

dgandhi_0-1681832564905.png

2nd Option:

In Data analyzer, on left side when you navigate to the table name and expand it, you should see the column name and in the i icon , you should get more details about the column (whether it is longtext or varchar)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Naveen
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Option 1: I get the attached error (saying only select commands allowed).

Option 2: I have admin role and when I hover, I do not get any info when I hover over i

Thanks,

Naveen

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Naveen ,

desc of any table is restricted from analytics. You can only use select queries to be run from analytics.

For data analyzer, please do not click on the i icon, but just hover over it for the column you're trying to find the data type for and you should be able to see it. Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.08.59 AM.png

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Hi @pruthvi_t 

Is this something changed post 5.5?

I am using Saviynt 5.5 SP3 and in my env, I am able to desc any table from analytics.

dgandhi_0-1681929237654.png

dgandhi_2-1681929365054.png

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

Naveen
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks @pruthvi_t  & @rushikeshvartak and @dgandhi for sortin