Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Custom Email Generation Rule in EIC

smadabh
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am seeking help on meeting the custom email generation rule in the new 23.3 env.

The Requirements are as follows:

1. Generate email address only for users from specific Org Unit IDs, say Corp, Contract, etc.

2. Check customproperty21 (we use this for capturing any email aliases - emails that users have used in the past) for uniqueness

3. Remove any special characters i.e. first'name, lastname becomes firstname.lastname@abc.com

4. Generate emails for users who have same firstname and lastname, incrementally, i.e. john.wayne@abc.com, john.wayne2@abc.com

Not sure on how to satisfy all these using just the Advanced Config. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @smadabh 

Did you try put all this condition in advance sql query

1. Generate email address only for users from specific Org Unit IDs, say Corp, Contract, etc- if its stored in some specific attribute, you can make use of it based on case conditions

2. Check customproperty21 (we use this for capturing any email aliases - emails that users have used in the past) for uniqueness- same as above  use case conditions

3. Remove any special characters i.e. first'name, lastname becomes firstname.lastname@abc.com.

Make use of OOTB functions ( use of datasets )- https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Datab...

4. Generate emails for users who have same firstname and lastname, incrementally, i.e. john.wayne@abc.com, john.wayne2@abc.com

Use # to write multiple sql query based on case conditions, if it matches it goes for next rule and append it to 1.

Note: sample sql can be found in the documentation  

Thanks

Darshan

smadabh
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response.

We were able to accomplish 1 & 4. 

Still struggling with 2 & 3. 

For 3, is there an example of where in the SQL query we can use the FN_ function? 

These are the OOTB functions and can be used in inline processing , analytics or custom property job.

Thanks

Darshan