Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Creating OU In AD through Saviynt

piyushm
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

We have a requirement to create OU from Saviynt in AD. It seems this is not currently supported via the AD connector. It was however suggested that it can be done using Windows PS connector. I did not find any documentation that explains how to create OU using this connector.  Please let me know if this can be done using Windows PS connector.

8 REPLIES 8

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Creation of OUs using AD connector is possible

Please refer below link

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v231/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importing-...

Below are the high level steps involved in this process

1. Configure AD connection with required attributes like Org_Base, CreateOrgJSON, UpdateOrgJSON etc 
  2. Configure Organization Rule (Create/Update) - Because organization provision will trigger only based on rules(Unlike groups provision)
  3. Create/Update Organization in Saviynt (UI/API/Upload)
  4. A task will be created to provision the organization which will be picked and provisioned by WSRetry Job

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use REST connector for Win PS Script to be executed and use OU creation steps inside .ps1 script

How to run PS Script from REST https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521736-rest-connector-guide 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

piyushm
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks @rushikeshvartak  Do we need perform any additional steps?

All steps are documented. Let me know anything specific issue you are facing

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

piyushm
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I am getting connection timeout when trying to hit url from postman.

http://hostname/SaviyntApp/PS/executepsscript

adriencosson
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I would sggest you to get closer to your support & DevOps team to check if the hostname is resolved from backend, and make sure DNS resolver is happening.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

piyushm
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

My question is more on establishing connectivity with AD. Right now, the Windows VM I am trying to Run the script on is throwing below error. The DC/AD is not on this VM and this is a standalone VM.

piyushm_1-1674834906244.png

This is connectivity issue from VM to DC. Check with your IT/network team

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak