Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Couldn't run the transport API with mention path for importing security systems

h_sapkota
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

I am trying to import Security System using Transport API as mention in the documentation.

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21?version=latest#713858aa-d0b7-4b88-b2af-365b9...

So, Here I have to mention path for the zip file. I am not sure which path it will take. I tried passing the path of my local system but getting error as : File not found error.

Can you please help me how to upload the file in server and provide the proper path details so that I can run the transport Import API to import objects in Saviynt?

Regards,

Hitesh Sapkota

7 REPLIES 7

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @h_sapkota ,

• Are you trying to export the security system from one environment using the exportTransportPackage API and Import the same package into another environment?
  • Can you share the payload for both the API's?

Thanks.

h_sapkota
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Daanish,

I am exporting from one environment manually and then trying to import the exported security system via Transport API.

Here is the payload for importing the file :

URL : /ECM/api/v5/importTransportPackage

Body Params :

{
    "updateuser""admin",
    "packagetoimport""/C:/Users/hiteshsapkota/Documents/Transport Import API/transport_admin_2023-03-06_07-32-22(UTC).zip",
    "businessjustification""test justification"
}

Now, here I am passing the path of my local system. I dont know how can I upload the zip file in the server and pass the path of the file from the server. Can you help me out.

Regards,
Hitesh Sapkota

Hi @h_sapkota ,

In your case, the path you have to import from would be as below -

/saviynt_shared/reports/Transport/Import/admin

Local path means local to your Saviynt Environment not your local computer.

Please try with the above path.

Thanks.

In case of transport package will be imported from local system isn't it ?

rushikeshvartak_0-1681265936126.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Daanish,

For this to work as well, I need to transfer the file to Saviynt Local computer. 

Can you please elaborate how can I achieve this since I dont have any cred for FTP?

Regards,

Hitesh Sapkota

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @h_sapkota 

Can you try below?

dgandhi_0-1681266729047.png

packagetoimport is the my linux server path where Saviynt is deployed. We are on Saviynt 5.5.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

h_sapkota
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I can try this but how do I sent the transport file to Linux Server path where Saviynt is hosted. 

I don't have the cred to send the file over FTP. Is there any other method that allow me to do so?

Regards,

Hitesh Sapkota