Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Combining text from other fields in user creation form

Sampsa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to create a form field for user creation that combines static text and input from two other fields? We would like to show the email address that will be generated for the new user. This field should also update if the parent fields (firstname and lastname) are changed. Is this possible?

Br,

Sampsa

5 REPLIES 5

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes if user imported by workday connection as example, in connection there is modifyuserJson. You can do concat using this json

Sampsa
New Contributor
New Contributor

This was about the form when the user is requested to be created within Saviynt. The "Create user request" tile.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh i see. In my case, i used sav4sav for concat.

Sampsa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah the issue is we would need to do this as the form is being filled for the user. In the same way like parent-child attributes work on the form where changes to the parent attribute update what is shown in the child form field.

adriencosson
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Sampsa,

Why not using the "Email Generation Rule" available in the Global Configurations > Identity Lifecycle menu, to build your required email once the user is being created ? See sample below : 

concat(lower(users.firstname),'.',lower(users.lastname),'@domain.com')

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON